Blog Post #2: V & R Map

My personal V R Map

•What digital platforms are students currently using to develop their professional network?

Students mostly use Google drive and LinkedIn to develop their professional network. Students often use google drive when collaborate on a group project, which is a great tool that allows all group members work on the same project at a time. LinkedIn is a professional platform where everyone can build a professional digital identity, which helps people to network with their future employer or anyone they want build a connection with.

• What could the student consider in expanding their professional learning network?

Facebook, LinkedIn and some other similar apps are all great platform to build professional learning network. Student should consider to write a comprehensive professional side of themselves. In the meanwhile, pay attention to things that are posted are sensitive or contain private information.

• Thread Discussion: How does data privacy and security limit and/or promote a PLN?

To ensure data privacy and security, we tended to post things simple or set access permissions when building our professional learning network. This is one of limit as potential clients or superiors may miss good qualities we have as a right person for a particular position.

In your network how can you create a digital identity/ reputation?

Fully demonstrate my strengths and achievements in the profile of LinkedIn or any other similar app.

Introduce my area of expertise and professional side of myself. Listing all the education background and working experience.

« »