Blog Post #10

Consider our guest and their steps in building a podcast relying on a PLN. Can your PLN be used to help professional development post-course? If yes, how? If no, what limitations exist?

I think PLN definitely can be used to help professional development. As our guest Amir mentioned that through the podcast, more people know about him. His network expanded as more people know his podcast(Miller & Amir, 2021). My PLN is mainly composed of peers of the same major and my instructors. We have many required courses that overlap. For my future courses, I could always discuss my academic questions in my PLN. In addition, everyone’s future career plans are similar as we may work in the similar fields. In my future work, the PLN is a great place for getting useful advice whenever I had problems.

Can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities?

I think PLN definitely can help to open professional opportunities. A PLN is a large network of connections where could has my future boss or my future colleagues. Opportunities are everywhere. For example, I could find a great opportunity of data scientist job offer through using my PLN. Moreover, I will pay attention to the professional information related to my work. This will help me to adapt better when I first start working. My supervisor may also take notice of me so that I can get better job opportunities. By using my personal learning network wisely and effectively, I will be able to enrich my knowledge and seize the opportunity to succeed.

Miller, J., & Amir, M. (2021, October 24). Edci podcast – 2021-10-24 mo amir. YouTube. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgoDet6pwaI.

« »